Let’s Go Get It
I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back. – Philippians 3:12-14 MSG
2018 Review: A Lady in Transition
As we enter into a new year it’s tradition, popular and even somewhat cliche to reflect on the outgoing year and vow to do better. We cleanse ourselves and homes before the end of the year, we establish new goals and vision boards, then on January 1st, we hit the ground running…at least for a couple months before the adrenaline and momentum wears off. My husband often challenges me, why wait until the beginning of the year to start something new? I actually have to be honest; I’m the person who needs a start date. I can only start things on Sunday or Monday (Wednesday at the latest). I just need time to get my mind right….reminisce on what I’ve tried before…and plan to do better next time. (Don’t judge me)
SO! In going along with the New Year’s tradition, here are my reflections! Some things I’ve realized in recent years, some paradign shifts that will help me move forward. Many of these I’m sure others have experienced or had similar revelations…
- People need you to be your unapologetic self – Do not try to be someone else, that person already exist. There is a younger version of you that needs to see your growth. There is someone who needs to see you be comfortable in your skin so they can be comfortable in theirs!
- You are not obligated to interact with people whose values don’t line up with yours – Who told us that we have to continue to associate with folks that are clearly not on the same page as us? Different values, different perspectives, just different. While diversity is necessary, don’t waste time or energy if it doesnt make sense…(this even applies to family and old friends)…🤷🏾♀️
- It doesn’t have to be all or nothing, all the time – Most things are black and white, right or wrong, good or bad…there are, however, situations where gray exist. Don’t let the gray areas through you off! You can have variety and still have discipline. You can fall off the wagon but get back on!
- Some people will not like you simply because of who you are – This is the first nugget of wisdom my mother bestowed on me. Stop trying to fit in and please everyone. Don’t be halted or moved by others opinions of you. Live out your own purpose…for you!
- There are people watching you, even if they don’t say anything – Especially for leaders, but even for those without a title. Be an example by the way you live, the next generation is dependent on you!
There are probably more but for simplicity’s sake, a short list is easier to digest. I wanted to point these out so we can exhale and move forward. As people, we often put so much time into our schedules or pleasing others, we forget about the self reflection. We neglect our goals and self care. We run ourselves down for others but remain unfulfilled within.
In 2019, let’s stop it! 2019 is the year of marking things off the list. The underachieved goals. The unfinished business. The cloud of procrastination and fear.
Let’s go get it!! – See, I just want to be better! Like Paul in my key verses, I definitely do not have it all together, but I am making a vow to press forward!! Not where I want to be but not where I used to be. Just a Lady in Transition!
#LadyZSpeaks #GoGetIt #WorkTheProcess #ALadyInTransition #paradigmshift
Peace. Blessings. Love.
May 06, 2019
March 01, 2019
January 31, 2019